Sunday, December 1, 2013


What hard things are happening in the story right now?  Are they happening now?
In the book I am currently reading called Life as We Knew It, an asteroid strikes the moon and knocks the moon out of its circular orbit around earth.  It is now drawn closer to earth, about 200X closer.  Now everyone is in a struggle, a struggle for food, gas and other necessities.  The main character Miranda is afraid of what is happening but manages to get though it and carry out her day.  Electricity comes on during the day for usually a short time.  Tidal waves and volcanic eruptions are occurring more often mow and people are dying.  And yes, I know that tsunamis and earthquakes are happening now but the moon coming like 200 times closer to the earth is definitely not happening. 

            It is very hard for Miranda and her family to get by now because of the food and fresh water being so scarce.  Now since there is not a lot of food left people are now considering looting.  Looting is when a person breaks into a store and shoplifts all of the items.  It is a fast way to get merchandise but it is also risky because if you get caught you go to jail and can’t get food.  This story is really interesting and it is very relatable because this is quite accurate if this were to ever happen to us in the real world.    

1 comment:

  1. I really like your response. I can understand what Miranda is going through and I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete