Childhood
Memory- Monday Muses
At the funny age of ten, on August 14th, 2010 to be exact, I received the greatest news. I always wanted to go
camping with family. I dreamed of this after seeing many shows and hearing from friends how cool it was. Well finally my dreams turned into reality as my Dad rushed into my bedroom
and said, "guess what buddy?''
I was confused and still rubbing my morning eyes when I replied “huh?” Dad said ''hurry up and come downstairs, we have to go!'' ''Dad what is it, what's the surprise?'' ''Ok, ok Dad said, guess were going for you birthday?'' "I don't know, out to eat, an amusement park.'' Dad blurted out camping!!" I raced down my porch steps to discover that Dad had packed everything into our car. We were all ready to go, We just had to stop and pick up my Uncle and Grandfather. We drove far to upstate New York and it seemed like we drove forever. I wish I could have fallen asleep for a few hours but I was too excited. I looked around at my new surroundings and asked “Dad where are we?” Then he said “We’re in Pennsylvania Niko, our camp site is just ahead. Soon we'll be there to check it out.”
I was confused and still rubbing my morning eyes when I replied “huh?” Dad said ''hurry up and come downstairs, we have to go!'' ''Dad what is it, what's the surprise?'' ''Ok, ok Dad said, guess were going for you birthday?'' "I don't know, out to eat, an amusement park.'' Dad blurted out camping!!" I raced down my porch steps to discover that Dad had packed everything into our car. We were all ready to go, We just had to stop and pick up my Uncle and Grandfather. We drove far to upstate New York and it seemed like we drove forever. I wish I could have fallen asleep for a few hours but I was too excited. I looked around at my new surroundings and asked “Dad where are we?” Then he said “We’re in Pennsylvania Niko, our camp site is just ahead. Soon we'll be there to check it out.”
This time I was
about to shed some tears because I was so eager to get there. My Dad, Uncle and Grandpa brought all of our
belongings to the camp site. I couldn't wait and ran ahead. My Dad was
very busy putting up our tent, so I decided to explore. Now our camp site was located right at the
end of the overhang, it wasn't very high though. I then took my shoes and shirt off and dove in the water. The water was clear, warm and smooth, I loved it.
Once I was done enjoying the brisk water, I laid on the rocks in the sun and just thought. I thought of how lucky I was to be here and I was just camping in the woods, finally. I was really so excited and happy that I was here. Later I dried off and ran back to the campsite. There was Grandpa with a warm toasty fire roaring and a pack of marshmallows at my feet. I immediately ran to get a stick and began to toast them. “Whoa! hey Niko, save some for us!” I looked up and my Uncle was hovering over me. “We saw you flipping like a fish in the water. Boy you look like you were having fun, I wanted to jump in with you but I had to finish this tent.' I gave him a hug and we walked over to Grandpa and all roasted marshmallows together.
Once I was done enjoying the brisk water, I laid on the rocks in the sun and just thought. I thought of how lucky I was to be here and I was just camping in the woods, finally. I was really so excited and happy that I was here. Later I dried off and ran back to the campsite. There was Grandpa with a warm toasty fire roaring and a pack of marshmallows at my feet. I immediately ran to get a stick and began to toast them. “Whoa! hey Niko, save some for us!” I looked up and my Uncle was hovering over me. “We saw you flipping like a fish in the water. Boy you look like you were having fun, I wanted to jump in with you but I had to finish this tent.' I gave him a hug and we walked over to Grandpa and all roasted marshmallows together.
Later that evening we sat near the fire and just
talked, we talked about how much fun our time here is going to be. We were going rafting and hiking, swimming
and sports. I was so overwhelmed with all the fun thoughts of what the week was going to bring. “Well I’m off to bed. Good night everyone.” At that time I opened our tent and jumped
onto the blow up mattress and laid there,relaxing. I wrapped myself in the warm blankets
and fell asleep. And that was one of my favorite childhood memories.
awww this so cute :). I agree having a family time is very fun and cool. This response made me bring back my memories with my family. After reading this response i also want to do something like that.
ReplyDelete